Thursday, October 15, 2009

Loose Associations-Ryan Gander

The "Loose Associations" reading by Ryan Gander I found to be quite interesting. Ryan Gander talks about desire lines- "desire lines that have been worn away by people who cut accross the middle. They 're always on the most direct route people want to take, which is why they are called desire lines." This got me thinking about lines within a city which lead me onto maps. Maps to me are quite intriguing- how such a large amount of information about one particular place can all be shown in such a compact manner.

I have traveled to a number of different western cities and found it interesting the way different cities are laid out. American cities are very grid based, we is older cities like London and Paris have more of a free flowing layout.

Above: Loose Associations by Ryan Gander(this is just page 1
CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE

No comments:

Post a Comment